Do you have any problem with any Apple device? Do you want any help with iOS apps or configuration issues? Well, many users encounter similar issues every day. While you have the online genius bar support to resolve some basic complications via chat, phone call and email services, sometimes, it becomes necessary to visit the retail store for repair work, fixing hardware damages etc.
Guide on How to Book an Apple Store Appointment or Make Genius Bar Reservation
Apple offers assistance to the customers through multiple support channels including the in store services to resolve your device problems. The representatives (called Apple Geniuses) at the store attend each customer with their problem in person offering quick resolution. All you need to do is to set up an early appointment before visiting the store at the specified time.
Read on this guide on how to book an Apple Store appointment, get your problem solved by any concerned Apple Genius at the outlet.
1. Book Apple Store Appointment Online
If you want to book an appointment online, follow the steps below to complete the process:
- Visit the Genius Bar page on the Apple Website at https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/
- Scroll down the page to section ‘Get Hands-on Hardware Support’
- Now click on the blue tab titled ‘Get Hardware Help’
- On the following page, choose the Apple product for which you need help from the list of options
- You will see a list of possible options regarding the type of help you may require for the chosen device on the following page- Choose the correct option based on your problem
- On the next page, you will get a series of possible support options- Chat, Talk to Apple Support Now or Bring in for Repair- Select the Bring in for Repair option to proceed
- You must login to your Apple Account to book the appointment- Provide your Apple ID and Password to Sign In
- Once you login successfully, Enter Your location to see list of nearby stores
- Choose the store you want to visit based on location or availability of early appointment
- From the list of available time slot and dates, choose the one most suitable for you
- Once you click on the time slot, your appointment will be confirmed- you will get a confirmation message on the following screen
If you have set the date and time by mistake or want to cancel the appointment, click on the reschedule or cancel tab below to take required action.
Tip: Make sure to carry a Photo ID matching the reservation name provided while booking the appointment. Read on all the details mentioned at the ‘Before you come in’ article very carefully and follow the regulations.
2. Book Apple Store Appointment Using the Apple Store App
If you want to book an appointment using the Apple Store app, follow the instructions below:
- Download and launch the Apple store app on your device
- In the navigation menu, tap on the ‘Stores’ option (present at the bottom of your device- the icon looks like the Apple logo)
- On the store search bar, you can type your city/town name to locate the nearest Apple store in the area
- From the list of Apple stores in your area, tap on the preferred one to visit the specific store page
- Tap on the Genius Bar
- Choose the Apple product requiring repair services
- Choose the preferred time and date of visit from the available options (If desired time and date options are not available at the store you can look for another store)
- After making the time reservation, see the summary and tap on the Reserve option to confirm your appointment (You must use the Apple ID and password to reserve the appointment)
Find an Apple Store in Your Locality
Finding the nearest Apple Store in your area is very simple. Just use the store locator tool on the Apple website following the steps below:
- Visit the store locator link on the Apple website: https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/
- Below the menu, you will find the drop down search box (Select a Store) under the title- ‘Find a Store’ with the list of important Apple stores in your country
- If you do not find any store nearby, you can also click on the ‘Complete Store List’ below the search bar to see view more store outlets
Always book an Apple store appointment before visiting to ensure your problem is attended at the concerned store at the right time. Due to the huge crowd of customers with preset appointments, there is very limited option for the visitors asking for walk-in appointments.