The Western Governors University (WGU) is the private online University in America founded in 1997 at Salt Lake City, Utah, US. This educational institution is widely recognized for offering high quality accredited degree programs, certification, affordability, flexible coursework and projects to help the students increase their credential value and find employment with prospective organizations.
In this guide to the Western Governors University scholarships, you will find every bit of information to get financial aid with the scholarships alongside the tips to deal with login problems at the MyWGU student portal.
Scholarship Programs Available for New Students at WGU
Majority of the scholarships are valued around $2000-$2500 for the students to make their degree program more affordable. Herein is a quick list of available scholarships (subject to availability based on eligibility, date and other factors).
- WGU Women in Leadership Scholarship
- Linda Knodel Nursing Leadership and Management MSN Scholarship- Get up to $5000
- Pathway to Teacher’s Credential Scholarship
- Sage Scholarship
- WGU Alumni Master’s Scholarship- For WGU alums only if they are interested in pursuing higher education at the University
- WGU Excellence in Health Information Management Scholarship
- WGU ITT Transfer Scholarship
- WGU Loves Nurses Scholarship
- WGU Loves Teachers Scholarship
- ACLC Leaders in Healthcare Scholarship
- ANPD Excellence in Nursing Education Scholarship
- NEA Member Scholarship
- Western Association of Food Chains Scholarship
- WGU AmeriCorps Scholarship
- WGU Healthcare Partners Fund
- WGU Institutional Partner Fund
- WGU Leaders in Nonprofit Scholarship
- WGU NACCTEP Scholarship
- WGU Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- WGU StraighterLine Scholarship
- WGU Washington Community College Graduate Scholarships
- WGU Washington Hispanic Nursing Scholarship
- WGU Washington K-12 Partners Scholarship
The students and professionals with military background can take advantage of the following WGU military scholarships to fund a portion of fees for their degree.
- WGU Military Appreciation Scholarship: WGU in partnership with the National Military Family Association offers this scholarship to the veterans or their spouses to aid their education at the university
- Don Brunell Tribute Scholarship: Available for military personnel, their spouses and veterans who want to take up higher education in business, IT, healthcare and education at the university.
How to Apply for Scholarships at WGU
Step 1: Complete the Admission Formalities
You must take admission as the WGU student to be able to apply for any scholarship. Contact your enrollment counselor to complete the necessary admission formalities.
Step 2: Review WGU Scholarships
At the WGU website, review the entire list of scholarship programs currently available for the students. Check for the eligibility and terms properly to avoid rejection.
Step 3: Submit the General Scholarship Application
Once you take admission as the WGU student, the authorities will send you the MyWGU Student portal credentials within a short period. Login to MyWGU portal and submit the general scholarship application online. You may mention the names of programs that you have eligibility to apply.
Step 4: Review the Recommendations to Apply for the Scholarships
After reviewing the general application, the university authorities would send a list of recommended options you are allowed to apply. Based on this information, you may apply for these programs.
The accreditation status of the University is the major assurance for the quality of educational standards, curriculum, and coursework making your credentials trustworthy to the employers at the time of recruitment. Only credits from accredited Universities are transferable to other educational institutes.
All major degree programs at the WGU are backed by the regional accreditation organization- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) – approved by the US Department of Education.
WGU has proudly acquired the accreditation from National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) for 7-years period 2012-19.
The bachelor’s and master’s degree program in nursing at this university is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
The Health Information Management degree program at WGU has recently acquired accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
Tips to Resolve the Login Problems at MyWGU Portal
All students can access the study materials, coursework, project details and other information on the MyWGU Student Portal. If you are having problems with the WGU login, here are some details to help in troubleshooting them.
To access the MyWGU Student portal, follow the steps below:
- Visit the WGU official website https://washington.wgu.edu/
- At the bottom of the homepage, click the link to the Student Portal under the heading ‘Information and Resources’
- On the login page, enter your username and password to access the student portal
If you are a new student, click the ‘Create an Account’ link to sign up at the portal to view and access the coursework based on your degree program.
For any help with the student portal, contact University service desk at (877) 435- 7948 or send email to [email protected].
The university service desk is available for students from Monday to Friday- 6a.m. to 10p.m. (MT) and Saturday- 7a.m. to 7p.m. (MT)